- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 tbsp jeera(cumin seeds) (as per your taste)
- 5-6 tbsp oil (for making dough)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Water as required (for making dough)
- Take a big bowl and mix flour, jeera, salt and oil properly in it.
Note: The dough should not be too soft or too hard.
- Add little by little water and prepare bit hard dough.
- Now roll out small papdi or cut papdi in your favourite shape after rolling it bit thin (neither too thin nor too thick).
- Heat oil in a kadhai or wok for deep frying papdi.
Note: To check whether the oil is ready for frying: Drop a papdi in oil, if it comes up in few seconds turning bit white. The oil is ready for frying.
- Then add 5-6 papdi at a time or as per the size of your wok/kadhai.
- Deep fry them on low-medium flame until golden-brown and crunchy while stirring them occasionally.
Note: Enjoy papdi till 1-2 weeks by storing it in air-tight contianer 🙂
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀