- 2 cups moong dal ( soaked in water overnight and drained well )
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder ( as per taste )
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1/2 tbsp salt (as per taste)
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Firstly mix all masalas in a bowl .
- Now heat oil in a wok or kadhai.
- Now fry moong dal in batches as per size of the strainer you are using.
- Now add dal to the strainer and then drop that particular strainer in oil, this well help you to remove dal from oil easily.
- Fry them on medium flame.
- Stir it once to make sure that dal doesn’t stick to each other.
- When moong dal starts floating on oil and number of bubbles around dal decreases.
- Remove dal on plate.
- Repeat the same process until all dal gets fried.
- Now sprinkle the spice mix on moong dal and mix well.
Note: Oil must be hot (not too hot) for frying dal.
Note: Don’t let the dal deep frying for long time otherwise it will get burned and won’t taste well.
Note: With the help of a spoon stir dal and check the crackling sound produced while dal rub together in that particular strainer (this sound will make sure that the namkeen prepared is crunchy).
Note: Dal must be dry before adding prepared spice mix to it. (for this you can use cotton cloth or paper towel or napkins or any such thing; so that excess oil can be absorbed well from fried dal)
Note: We can enjoy it till 1-2 weeks if stored properly in air thight container.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀