- 5 gram green cardamom (Elaichi)
- 5 gram cinnamon (Dal-chini)
- 5 gram black pepper corns (kali mirch)
- 10 gram kharbuj ka seeds (muskmelon seeds)(soaked in water overnight)
- 10 gram watermelon seeds (dried and peeled) (soaked in water overnight)
- 10 gram poppy-seeds(khus-khus) (soaked in water for 3-4 hours)
- 10 gram chironji/charoli seeds (soaked in water overnight)
- 10 gram makhana powder
- 25 gram badam (almonds) (soaked in water overnight and peeled)
- 25 gram kaju (cashew nuts) (soaked in water overnight)
- 25 gram sauf (fennel seeds)
- 25 gram pista (pistachio) (soaked in water overnight and peeled)
- Petals of one rose (gulab ka patta)
- Few strands of saffron (kesar)
- 3 kamal gata seed’s (lotus seeds inner pulp)
- 1/4 tsp kawra flower essence
- 1 litre water
- 1 kg sugar
- Milk as per serving
- Make fine paste of badam, kaju, pista, chironji, muskmelon seeds, watermelon seeds and poppy seeds.
- Keep it aside.
- Now make fine powder of elaichi, cinnamon, black-peppercorns and fennel seeds.
- Keep it aside.
- Now grind rose petals well and keep it aside.
- Now mix sugar with water in a deep pan or kadhai.
- And boil it on low-medium heat till it changes it’s colour/color.
- Then let it cool a bit then add saffron strands to it and mix well.
- Then add prepared paste and powder little by little.
- Mix it properly and add makhana powder to it.
- Then add rose paste, kawra essence and kotus seeds pulp to it .
- Mix well.
- If you like you can drain the prepared mix.
- Now store it in a bottle till one week in fridge, Thandai mix is ready.
- Take a glass and fill it 1/3 with the thandai mix and rest of with milk (boiled and brought cooled).
- Mix everything well and Serve.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀