- 1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- bit warm water (as required)
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Ghee/clarified butter (for deep frying)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tbsp curd
- Take maida, ghee , baking soda in a bowl and mix everything well.
- Now add curd and water in small quantities and mix all ingredients well and knead it gently.
- Leave the dough for some time and let it be bit cool or on room temperature.
- Now make small round balls out of the dough and press them gently between your palms and make a depression with your thumb in center.
- Take ghee in a pan and heat it.
- Once ghee starts to heat up, start deep frying those flat balls in ghee on low-medium flame.
- Fry till they turn golden-brown from both the sides (Remember this is slow process so please don’t increase the flame and let them become soft and tender from inside and crispy from outside by cooking it on low-medium flame)
- Till the balls are frying we will prepare sugar syrup for balushahi.
- For that take sugar and water in a heavy-bottom pan/kadhai and start boiling it, keep on stirring in between so that it does’t stick to bottom of the pan and leads to burning of sugar syrup.
- Slowly once it concentrates.Take a drop of it between thumb and index finger, if 1-2 strings started coming then switch of the flame.
- Once all balls are deep fried, it’s time to add them to prepared sugar syurp.
- Leave it for few hours without disturbing them.
- The syrup will settle down and balls will soak in the syrup.
KHUD KHAO,SABKO KHILAO:-D