- 2 cups white sesame seeds (white til)
- 1 cup jaggery (gud)
- 3 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts (optional, roughly chopped)(kaju)
- 2 tbsp almonds (optional, roughly chopped) (badam)
- 7-8 green cardamom powder (optional) (elaichi powder)
Note: Remember don’t let the mixture cool down completely otherwise you won’t be able to cut proper squares.
- Heat a kadhai or deep non-stick pan then add til to it and roast them until bit golden-brown on low-medium flame, stirring continuosly (don’t roast til too much otherwise til will get burned and it won’t taste good).
- Remove them in a plate and when they come to room-temperature, grind til until it start releasing it’s own oil.
- Now add 2 1/2 tbsp ghee in same pan or kadhai and add jaggery to it.
- On low-medium flame cook jaggery, stirring it continuosly until jaggery gets completely melted.
- Now add 2 cups of roasted til (grinded), cashew nuts, almonds and cardamom powder to it and mix properly.
- Now remove the mixture on a ghee greased plate and spread it evenly and let it cool a bit.
- Then start cutting squares from the hot mixture(in plate itself).
Now let it rest for 9-10 minutes.
Store gajak in air tight container and enjoy till 3 months.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀