- 1 cup ghee
- 3 cup carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1 cup sugar (as per your taste)
- 6-8 cashew nuts (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp rasins
- 1 1/2 tbsp green cardamom seeds powder (hari eliachi powder)
- 1 cup mawa/khoya (grated)
Note: You can add dry-fruits of your choice such as almonds, pistachio, cashew nuts and rasins.
- Heat 1/2 cup ghee in a non-stick deep pan or kadhai (if using kadhai add more then 1/2 cup ghee).
- Then add carrots and cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes or until carrots start changing it’s colour.
- Keep mixing it in between so that carrot does not stick to bottom of the pan.
- Then add sugar and cook for 4-5 minutes or till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Now add the crushed cardamom seeds and mawa and cook on low-medium flame mixing continuosly.
- In another non-stick pan, heat 1/4 cup ghee.
add cashew nuts and rasins and cook them on low-medium flame until cashew nuts turns bit golden-brown and rasins starts puffing-up.(You can even saute them seperately)
- Add these to the halwa and mix it completely.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀