- 1-2 tbsp coconut (grated)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds (dhaniya seeds)
- 1 tbsp tamarind (imli)
- 1 small piece ginger (adrak)
- 4-6 cloves garlic (lehsun)
- 4-5 dried red chillies/ kashmiri red chillies
- 2 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 green capsicum (optional)(diced)
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cup prawn
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- 1-2 1/2 cup water (as per requirement)
- Heat oil in deep non-stick pan/ kadhai then add onion to it and cook until golden-brown on low-medium flame.
- Then add tomato and cook them until soft and mashy on low flame.
- Till that make smooth paste from coconut (grated), tamarind, dried red chillies, cumin seeds, ginger, coriander seeds, garlic and 1-2 tbsp water(or as required).
- Then add it to pan and mix well.
- Now add turmeric powder to it and mix well.
- Cook till oil separates from prepared masala.
- Then add prawn and cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring continuously on low flame.
- Then add 1-2 cups water (as per requirement) and cook cover for 5-8 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Then remove the lid/cover and cook for 3-5 minutes on low flame.
Serve hot with rice or roti or chapati or as per your taste.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀