Note: Soak rice and urad dal separately and while preparing paste don’t add much water, if required add 1-2 tbsp water.
- 1 cup short-grain rice (soaked in water for 4-6 hours)
- 1 cup skin-less split black gram (urad dal)(soaked in water for 4-6 hours)
- 9-10 green chillies (as per your taste)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 3/4 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp coriander leaves (dhaniya leaves) (Finely chopped)
- Oil as required
- Prepare bit smooth paste from rice, urad dal, green chillies and ginger.
- Now add salt, coriander leaves, cumin, and baking powder.
- Mix well in one direction.
- Heat oil 1-2 tbsp (or as per you pan) in pan then spread 2-3 tbsp batter over oil evenly.
- Cook until golden-brown from both the sides on medium to low flame.
Serve hot with pickle or ginger chutney.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀