- Oil as required
- 1-2 tbsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1-2 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1-2 tbsp green chilli paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp red chilli paste (soaked kashmiri mirch in water for 5-8 minutes then prepare it’s smooth paste)
- 3-4 tbsp jaggery (grated)
- 3-4 tbsp spring onion and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 3-4 1/2 cups water
- 7-8 methi muthiya
- 1 1/2 medium potato (diced and fried on low flame in oil until edges turn bit golden-brown)
- 5-6 brinjal (splited from middle and fried till it decreases(bit) in size on low flame)
- 6-7 dices of esculent root (kand)(fried on low flame until bit golden-brown form edges)
- 6-7 dices of sweet-potato (sakarkand)(fried on low flame until bit golden-brown form edges)
- 8-9 broad beans (fried on low flame until bit golden-brown)
- 1/2 cup green peas (boiled)
- 1/3 cup green peas (paste)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 fresh coconut (grated)
- 1-2 tbsp coriander paste
- 4-5 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
Note: While making any of the above mentioned paste add 1- 1 1/2 tsp water if required.
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan or kadhai.
- Then add carom seeds and cumin seeds.
- When cumin seeds starts to crakle add ginger, garlic and green chilli paste .
- Then add spring onion and garlic paste followed by red chilli paste.
- Cook for few seconds after mixing everything well.
- Now add jaggery , turmeric powder , red chilli powder , asafoetida and bit more oil and water.
- Mix well and cook masalas for 7-9 minutes .
- Then add methi muthiya, potatoes, brinjal, kand, sakarkand, papdi and salt.
- Mix well then add undhiyu paste.(make smooth paste from ingredients mentioned for making undhiyu paste)
- Mix well then add green peas and green peas paste.
- Cook covered for 4-5 minutes after mixing everything lightly from bottom to top.
Serve with hot puri.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀