- 2 cups fenugreek leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp green chilli paste
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (white)
- Oil as required
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp yogurt/ lemon juice
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup gram flour
- Salt to taste
Note: Frying on low flame allow muthiya to become crispy.
- Mix well fenugreek leaves, garlic paste, ginger paste, green chilli paste, sesame seeds, 2 tbsp oil, sugar and yogurt or lemon juice in a bowl until sugar dissolves completely.
- Now add salt, wheat and gram flour.
- And make bit soft dough from it.
- No need to add water as fenugreek leaves will live it’s own juice.
- But of required add 1-1/2 tsp water.
- Now make small balls from dough and make cylinders from them.
- Heat oil in deep pan or kadhai.
- Oil shouldn’t be too hot.
- Drop few muthiya at a time (depending upon the size of pan or kadhai) and fry on low flame till golden-brown.
Repeat the process to prepare all methi muthiya.
Serve hot with desired chutney or sauce or ketchup.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀