- 2 medium potatoes (boiled and rested for 5-10 minutes and grated)
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup water (as required)
- 2-3 tbsp oil (for dough)
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- 1-2 tbsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped) (dhaniya leaves)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Mix potatoes, flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, oil,carom seeds, coriander leaves and salt in a bowl.
- Now little by little add water by mixing it with all other ingredients to make bit hard dough.
(Remember the dough should not be too soft or too hard , otherwise your poori won’t puff-up properly)
- Now make small balls out of the dough and roll out one by one poori from it in small circular shape.
(Your poori must be bit thick not too thin)
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan/ kadhai , to check whether the oil is ready for frying , drop a small piece of dough in oil and if it comes up in few seconds then oil is ready for frying.
- Now drop one poori at a time in oil.(Number of poori to be fried at a time depends upon size of pan/kadhai)
- When poori puffs-up then turn it and fry from other side for few seconds on medium-low flame.
Repeat the same process to fry other poori.
Serve hot with yogurt.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀