- 1/3 cup Palada(Rice Ada ready-made)(soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and rinsed in cold water 2-3 times)
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 tbsp chopped cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar (as per your taste)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a small pan and roast cashew nuts until light brown .
- Transfer them to a plate.
- Then roast raisins until fluffy .
- Transfer them to the same plate in which cashew nuts were kept after roasting.
- Take a non-stick pan or heavy base kadhai and add milk(in which sugar is dissolved properly), cardamom powder and soak rice Ada to it and cook it on medium flame until mixture starts to boil.
- When it starts to boil, reduced the flame to low and cook the mixture over medium flame for around 10-15 minutes or until it turns thick and Palada turns soft.
- Stir continuously to avoid sticking.
- Remove from flame and serve it by garnishing Palada Payasam with roasted cashew nuts and raisins.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀