Servings: 5 Rotis
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 cups Makke Da Atta (Corn flour)
- 3/4 tsp Carrom seeds (Ajwain)
- 1/4 cup Oil or Ghee
- 1 1/4 cup warm water (a little less less that 1-1/4 cup)
- Salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients in a big bowl and knead a soft dough.
- Add water slowly and gradually, do not pour at once.
- Dough must be smooth.
- Take a plastic ziploc bag and cut it’s three sides. After cutting open the plastic bag, it will open like a book. Grease the plastic sheet from the center.
- Make a small ball out of the dough and place it in between the sheets of plastic.
- Drizzle some oil on top of it.
- Fold the plastic sheet over the dough ball.
- Heat and grease a tawa/flat pan on medium heat. Using your hands, spread the dough ball around making it look like a large disc.
- Roti is ready.
- Remove the plastic sheet from the top of roti.
- Carefully lift the roti and transfer it on to hot pan/tawa.
- With a knife, make a slight cut in the center.
- Grease along the way.
- When cooked from one side, flip it over and cook on each side, until brown and cooked through. Apply oil/ghee as needed.
Crispy brown Makke Di Roti is ready.
Repeat the process with rest of the dough.
Serve it hot with (gajar)carrot, (shalgum)turnip ka achar(pickle) and
Warm Sarson Da Saag.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀