- Pinch hing
- 1 cup urad dal (soaked)
- 1-2 tbsp green chili paste (as per your taste)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt (as per your taste)
- Powdered sugar (as per your taste)
- Chilli powder (as per your taste)
- Coriander-cumin powder (dhaniya-jeera powder) (as per your taste)
- Black salt (optional)(as per your taste)
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped)(as per your taste)
- Khajur-imli chutney (as per your taste)
- Oil (as required)
- Water (as required)
- Mix urad dal, hing, bit hot oil, chilli paste, ginger paste and salt.
- Make its thick paste in mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan, deep fry the balls (vadas) made from the mixture until golden-brown in hot oil on medium-high flame (taking bit wet hand while making vadas , it will help you to drop vadas in oil easily, otherwise the mixture will stick to your hands, lower the flame while droping vadas in oil).
- Let the vadas come on room temperature after deep frying.
- Then soak them in water for few minutes.
- Remove vadas from water and press them so that water comes out of it.
- Serve with yogurt, khajur-imli chutney, powdere sugar, black salt, coriander-cumin powder, and coriander leaves on it (vada).
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀