- 8 green cardamoms
- 4 black cardamoms
- 6 cloves
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp onion paste-fried
- 700 gm assorted lamb-cut into large pieces
- 2 1/2 liters water
- 1 1/4 tsp garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder-dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup desi ghee
- 1/2 cup dry cockscomb (mawal) flowers-heated with 1/2 cup water;extract
- 1/2 tsp black cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp dry mint leaves
- Bring the water to a boil in a deep pan.
- Add the lamb and remove the scum(dirt) that rises to the surface.
- When the water is clear, add the garlic and continue to boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the salt and cook until the lamb is half done.
- Add the green and black cardamoms, clove, turmeric powder, ginger powder, onion paste, yogurt, red chilli water and ghee.
- Mix well, reduce heat and cook covered until the lamb is tender.
- Add the cockscomb flower extracts and black cumin seeds.
- Mix well and sprinkle dry mint leaves.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀