- 1 litre milk
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp rose water /kevda
- 1 ½ -2 tbsp powdered sugar ( while kneading chenna you can taste it and adjust the sugar accordingly)
- Few strands of saffron
- 1 tsp milk
- Boil the milk.
- When it comes to boil reduce the flame and add lemon juice.
- Keep stirring for 2 minutes till chenna/paneer separates.
- Line a strainer with a cotton cloth or a muslin cloth and pour chenna mixture in it.
- Tie the cloth and let it hang for 20 minutes to remove the whey.
- Add saffron strands in 1 tsp of warm milk.
- Knead the chenna in a wide thali with the heel of your palm as shown in the photo for about 5 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar and rose water.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Knead for another 2-3 minutes in the same way.
- Heat the chenna in a non stick or anodized pan on a low flame stirring continuously.
- This will take around 3-4 minutes.
- When chenna starts coming together switch off the flame.
- Spread sandesh in a plate and press with your hands lightly.
- Spread the saffron milk mixture over the sandesh.
- Keep it in fridge to cool.
- Sandesh tastes best cold.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀