- 1 ½ litre milk
- 1 lemon
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp rose water
- Pistachio slivers (for garnishing)
- A few strands of saffron (for garnishing)
- First of all we have to make chenna.
- Boil milk and when it comes to boil add juice of 1 lemon.
- Milk will start curdling and whey will separate.
- Strain the curdled milk in cheesecloth placed in a strainer.
- Don’t throw this whey as it is very nutritious. You can use them in making dough or add in gravies.
- Keep aside chenna for 2-3 hours.
- Now you can either blend it in a blender for 1/2 minute or use your hands to make a fine mixture.
Note: Number of balls will depend on the size of balls.
- Make balls.
- Take a wide bottomed pan.
- Boil water on high flame.
- When it starts boiling add sugar and dissolve it completely.
- Add balls to boiling water and let it boil covered for 5 minutes. Balls will be double in size now.
Note: Keep stirring at regular 5 minutes interval.
- Turn the flame to medium and let them cook covered for another 15 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and add rose water.
- Let it rest for sometime to cool down.
Serve cold, garnishing with pistachio silvers and saffron strands.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀