- 1 cup paneer cut in small pieces
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas, I am using frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Soak the paneer in hot water with 1/4 teaspoon of salt for five minutes.
- Drain the water and crumbled the paneer.
- This process will make the paneer soft, if you are using the fresh paneer skip this step.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oil in sauce pan over medium heat; after oil is moderately hot add cumin seeds.
- After the seeds crack add green peas, and green chili stir for about one minute.
- Add tomatoes, coriander, salt, sugar and red chili powder, stir and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes till the tomatoes and peas becomes soft.
- Add paneer stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Don’t cook the paneer for a long time as paneer will lose the softness.
- If it is too dry add few spoons of water.
- Lastly add chopped coriander leaves to paneer bhurji and mix.
- Serve paneer bhurji with rotis, plain parathas or with a toast.
Note: if you are using the paneer bhurji for stuffing then don’t add water, bhurji should be dry in texture.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀