- 2 litres milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Almonds and pistachio for decorating
- Boil 1 litre of milk in a pan.
- When it comes to boil add lemon juice to the milk.
- Keep stirring for 2 minutes till chenna/paneer separates from the liquid.
- Line a strainer with a cotton cloth and pour chenna mixture in it.
- Tie the cloth and let it hang for 5 minutes to remove the whey.
- Wash it with water to remove the sour taste.
- Boil the remaining milk in a heavy bottomed pan until it reduces to half.
- Now add the paneer and keep on cooking on medium flame.
- When the mixture thickens and there is no milk visible add the sugar and cardamom powder.
- Keep on cooking the mixture until it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Set the kalakand in a greased tray and decorate with almonds and pistachio.
- If you want you can sprinkle cardamom powder at this stage rather than adding with sugar to keep its color white.
- Leave them in fridge to set for some time and cut in the desired shape.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀