हिंदी में पढ़ें – काजू कतली
This will make around 20-25 Kaju Katlis depending on the size you cut.
- 1 cup Kaju (Cashew nuts)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp ghee
- Grind Cashew nuts in a dry grinder to get a fine powder. If you have kept the Cashew nuts in freezer keep them out for some time and let them come to room temperature before grinding.
- Grease a thali lightly with ghee.
- Now we have to prepare the sugar syrup. Take sugar and water in a nonstick pan and give it a boil.
- Reduce the flame to medium and cook the syrup till it reaches 1 string consistency around 7-8 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add the cashew powder to the syrup.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cook again for 2-3 minutes stirring consistently till the mixture comes together.
- Wet your hands and try rolling a small piece of Kaju mixture in your fingers.
- If you are able to roll it into a non-sticky ball, Kaju katli is ready!
- Switch off the flame and let the mixture cool.
- After some time while the mixture is still warm knead it till it is soft and smooth. I started kneading the mixture while it was still hot so I was not able to do it properly.
- For a smooth look, we have to knead the Kaju dough properly. If the dough looks a little hard grease your hands with a little ghee before kneading the dough.
- Roll out the dough to the desired thickness on the greased thali.
- Cut the Kaju katli into diamond shape or any other shape you like.
If you plan to eat these right away there is no need to keep in the fridge but if you plan to use these after some days keep these in the fridge in airtight container.