Ingredients: (240 ml cup used)
- 300 grams dates (280 grams seedless) Prefer medjool
- ¾ to 1 cup sesame seeds (use as needed, prefer unhulled)
- ¼ cup sesame seeds for rolling
- ¼ cup cashews or roasted peanuts (optional)
- 4 green cardamoms / elaichi
- Dry roast sesame seeds on a low to medium heat until they turn aromatic.
- Cool them and powder along with cardamoms.
- Mash the dates well.
- If not using soft or medjool dates, then chop them and saute in 1 tsp ghee or coconut oil until soft.
- Then add the sesame seeds powder little by little and knead to a soft mixture for 2 mins.
- Add cashew and roll.
- Pinch off little mixture and roll to balls.
- Roll them in sesame seeds or desiccated coconut.
- Store dates sesame ladoo in a air tight jar.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀