- 4 cups milk
- 3 cups nariyal burada (dessicated coconut powder)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp Gulkand
- Mix all the burada/nariyal powder, sugar and milk in a wide non stick pan and keep on high flame stirring in between.
- After 4-5 minutes reduce the flame to low and let it cook for around 25- 30 minutes on low flame.
- Mixture should become thick and milk should not be visible at all.
- Let it cool for some time. Divide the mixture in two parts.
- Grease the utensil lightly with ghee in which you want to set burfi. Or you can line it with parchment paper/clean wrap as it makes handling and cutting of burfi easy.
- Spread half of the burfi mixture in a thick layer.
Gulkand Layer (Second Layer):
- Spread Gulkand over it uniformly. As gulkand is quite strong in flavor I have spread a thin layer of it.
- Spread rest of the burfi mixture over gulkand.
- Keep it in fridge for about an hour to set the burfi.
- Cut into desired shape.
Keep the burfi in fridge and it tastes good for as long as 1-2 week. It tastes best when fresh so it is better to consume it in first week.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀