- 2 cups Bengal gram flour (besan)
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp carom seeds/ajwain
- ¼ tsp asafetida/heeng
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp fennel seed powder/ saunf powder
- Salt to taste ( I have used around 1 1/2 tsp salt)
- 4 tbsp oil
- Water to make dough
- Oil for deep frying
- Take a large bowl and add all the ingredients except water and oil for deep frying.
- Mix thoroughly. Make soft dough with water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Take one portion and put it in the press.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Press long strands of besan in the hot oil.
- Turn the flame to low and let the sev cook on low flame to ensure even frying.
- Take the sev out when they change color to a light brown and are crisp.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀