Ingredients: (240 ml cup used)
- 3/ 4 cup chopped dried figs / anjeer
- 3/4 cup chopped dates (adjust to suit your taste)
- 2 tbsp. raisins (optional)
- 3 tbsp. water
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashews, pista)
- 1/8 tsp. cardamom powder
- fat pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp. oil or ghee (optional, use if not using a non stick pan)
- Chop the nuts, figs and dates. Measure them.
- In a pan, dry roast nuts till crunchy and set aside.
- Add chopped figs and sprinkle 3 tbsp water to the same pan and cook till they turn soft.
- Add dates, raisins, cinnamon powder and cardamom powder.
- Mix and cook till everything turns mushy and sticky and thick.
- Add oil or ghee, if it sticks to the pan. (optional)
- Add nuts and stir well and mix.
- Now the mixture should look firm.
- If it looks soggy cook further for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add this to a greased plate, butter paper or foil.
- Roll with a rolling pin.
- Cool this completely.
- Cut to squares.
Note: Consume within a day or refrigerate and finish with in a week
You can use seeds like sunflower, melon, chironji and sesame seeds too. You can use roasted and skinned peanuts too. Together use 3/4 cup.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀