- 50 grams Almonds
- 3 tablespoons Melon seeds
- 100 grams Jaggery , powdered or sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- Kewra essence , Few drops
- Saffron strands , Few
- To begin with Badam Sharbat, soak the almonds in enough water overnight.
- Soak melon seeds in water for 2-3 hours.
- Peel off the skin of almonds and blend with melon seeds in a mixer adding 1/4 cup water until you get a smooth mixture.
- Heat jaggery in 1 cup water in a saucepan.
- Once jaggery is completely dissolved, add almond milk and cardamom powder.
- Cook till the mixture is reduced to half. It may take around 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- For Sharbat, use 1 or 2 tablespoons of prepared badam syrup and mix with cold milk.
- Add few drops of Kewra essence and saffron strands.
- Mix everything well and serve chilled with ice cubes.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀