This will make around 40-50 mathris depending on the size.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 tbsp semolina (suji)
- Around 3 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste (add a little less salt than usual as achaar masala also has some salt)
- 2 tbsp masala from mango pickle (leave the pieces and use the masala from your mango pickle)
- ¼ tsp carom seeds
- Water for making dough
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix the flour,suji and wheat flour.
- Add salt to it.
- Now make a well in the center and add the oil.
- Rub the flour between your palms and mix thoroughly.
- When pressed in palm it should be able to hold its position otherwise you can add more oil.
- Add carom seeds and achaar masala and mix thoroughly.
Dough for Achaari Mathri:
- Add a little water and start kneading the dough.
- Start adding the water slowly, not all of it at once.
- You might need only ½ or ¾ cup of water only.
- The dough should be tight like that of puris’.
- Make small balls and roll out the mathris on a flat surface.
- Prick with a knife or fork.
- Deep fry 5-7 mathris at a time in the oil till golden.
- Drain on a paper.
After the mathris cool down store them in an air tight container.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀