- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi seeds)
- 1/2 tsp aniseeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai seeds)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera seeds)
- 150 gm pumpkin (washed and diced)
- 2 potatoes (washed and diced)
- 1 large brinjal (washed and diced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 dried red chillies
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp mustard oil (rai oil)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute all the spices (bay leaf, dry red chillies, fenugreek seeds, aniseeds, mustard seeds and cumin seeds).
- Stir-fry the spices, add vegetables and mix well.
- Add the green chillies, sugar, salt, turmeric powder and mix thoroughly.
- Pour enough water and add milk to cook the vegetables.
- Simmer till vegetables are tender and the gravy becomes thick.
- Serve hot.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀