- 600 gm marcrele fish (grilled) (flaked) (ikan kembong)
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- 4 liters water
- 1 cup tamarind pulp
- 3-4 stalks daun kesum (polygonum)(a type of herb)
- shredded cucumber, lettuce, pineapple, big onion slices and green chillies.
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 10 dried red chillies
- 1 inch lengkuas or ginger (a type of herb like ginger)
- 30 fresh shallots
- 1 tsp belacan granules (prawn paste)
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric piece
- Mix water with tamarind pulp properly then strain it after sometime by mixing it again.
- Bring tamarind water to a boil in a sauce-pan.
- Now add spices paste and daun kesom.
- Add salt and sugar to taste and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Put in flaked fish, stir well and remove from flame.
- Add a few mint leaves and sprinkle some finely chopped ginger and add a tbsp of shrimp paste.
- Serve the stock with laksa noodles and garnish with shredded cucumber, lettuce, pineapple, big onion and chillies.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀