Yet another tasty and delicious Indian Breakfast!
Note: You can eat it at anytime you like 🙂
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: around 17 minutes
- 1 cup semolina (rava/rawa)
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- 4 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 2 slit green chillies
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania/dhaniya)
- Heat the semolina in a kadhai and dry roast on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the roasted semolina, 3 cups of hot water and salt and mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Fill the upma in a glass bowl and demould on a plate.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Khud Khao, Sabko Khilao 😀